If you are thinking about setting up a motocross track, you may be wondering if they are profitable. This maybe a main business you are setting up or a side-gig to make a bit of extra money on the side. Either way, it’s important to know whether motocross tracks are profitable before you starting investing in land.
Motocross tracks are extremely profitable, but they can be very expensive too. For starters, you’ll need to buy or rent land. You’ll also need to have enough space between the lanes. This will require extensive planning, and it may cost more to build a track than it is worth.
Where can you find land to build a motocross track business?
You can find cheap land in a rural area if you’re lucky, but it will be unlike to find free land for a motocross track in a city. You may be better off renting the land, before you invest heavily in buying land. Once you know your motocross track business is profitable, you can always invest in the land later.
Type of soil required for a motocross track business
The type of soil you use will influence how long the track will last, as will the bikes. Different types of soil have different benefits. The best dirt helps plants grow and is soft, while the worst dirt is hard and will tear up your tires. It’s important to have both types of soil in your location. Some areas have more fertile soil than others. And while this will help your track’s overall value, it can also be more expensive.
Another factor to consider is the location. If you’re planning to build a motocross track near houses, you’ll need to take care of your neighbours. You’ll want to avoid having it open in the early morning and late at night. Even though you’ll need to obtain a permit, you may still upset some neighbours. You’ll need a safe area to put the track. You can also sell the tracks to riders who don’t know what to expect.
How to make your Motocross Track Profitable
One question on your mind might be: are motocross tracks profitable? Fortunately, the answer is yes. This hobby is extremely profitable, and it also provides an excellent outlet for people who are passionate about motocross.
Things to consider when building your motocross track business
However, there are many things to consider before building your own motocross track and business. Here are a few factors to keep in mind: are lands suitable for the purpose of a mx track profitable?
- The land you will need to build your track: You will need at least 500 acres of property, and you will need a good amount of suitable dirt to create a fun, safe and profitable motocross venue.
- Residential area: If you’re thinking of building a track near a residential area, you should first consider whether that location is feasible. The reason for this is that a residential area may not be suitable for a motocross track, and you may want to avoid building a MX track near houses.
- The dirt type: The type of dirt you use for a motocross track will determine how long it will last. The best dirt is soft, holds water, and allows for plants to grow. On the other hand, bad dirt is harder and is difficult to ride on.
- Consider the local community: Regardless of the location, it’s important to consider how much the local community will tolerate your track.
- Location: It’s important to note that a motocross track is highly competitive and can be very costly. You’ll need to hire a bulldozer or bucket loader to get the dirt to your desired shape. It will also be necessary to have the necessary tools to build a track. The costs will vary depending on the size of the motocross track you want to build. For example, even a small motocross track that doesn’t have a large spectator capacity will likely be very expensive.
- Area of Land: Motocross tracks require a decent amount of land, typically 3 to five acres. Ideally, a motocross track should have six lanes, each measuring 20 feet wide.
- Number of riders: The average motocross track will have 80 to 150 riders per day, which means a revenue of between $1,600 and $3,000 per day at a rate of $20 per hour, with an average of an hour per day for each dirt bike rider.
- Ongoing track maintenance: The track will get worn by the motocross bikes that use it, which means it will need ongoing maintenance.
Building a motocross track requires a lot of money. A good motocross track will have about 80 to 150 riders per day. A motocross track is a profitable business if you’ve devoted a lot of time to promoting and advertising it. The more successful a mx track is, the more people it will attract and the more riders it can accommodate. The average motocross track will bring in anywhere from eight to fifteen people a day.
How to make your Motocross Track Profitable
Motocross tracks are very profitable because they provide a valuable service to dirt bike riders who don’t want to dirt bike ride alone. A motocross track will attract 80-150 riders per day, with each rider spending an average of $20 and producing a gross revenue of $1,600-$3,000 per day.
But you may not get a permit to open every day, and even if you did this wouldn’t be good for your neighbourly relations. In addition, the track will need to be built in a way that will make the track more attractive for riders. The average motocross track will be about a quarter of a mile long.
One of the most crucial aspects of creating a profitable motocross track is the location. Your new motocross track may not be the most attractive thing in your neighbourhood, but the surrounding area should be suitable for it.
The investment required for a mx track is not small, but it can be a high-profit business. If you want to invest in a motocross track, you should make sure that the plot has enough space for a good size course. This in turn will mean your dirt bike riders will come back often and recommend it to friends.
Can you make money owning a motocross track?
If you create a good motocross track in a good location you can make money owning a motocross track. But like any business, it requires hard work and ongoing management good customer service.
How much does it cost to start a motocross track?
The amount it will cost to start a motocross track will depend on whether you buy or rent the land and the location of the track, but the excavation of the track will cost upwards of $10,000.
How easy is it to build a motocross track business?
Getting started with a motocross track is easy, but building it correctly is not. Before you start building a track, you should first consider the location and surrounding area. The location of your motocross track is critical for its success, as is the layout and design. Before deciding on your layout and design, you should have the right equipment and materials. You will also need to get the proper insurance.
You can start by measuring the perimeter of your track and marking off the parking area. You can then get creative with your track’s design. Be sure that it’s wide enough to allow for overtaking, and have a gate that allows for grading machinery. When placing jumps, be mindful that riders can’t hit them in fifth gear, so place them after corners. The final step in making your track profitable is to make sure that it’s safe for competitors.
Be considerate of your neighbours, and avoid building the track too close to homes. Keep in mind that if your motocross track is near houses, you should try to avoid opening it in the early morning or late evening.
While you may have the proper permits for a MX track, you may still get complaints from the neighbours.
I hope you enjoyed this article about are motocross tracks profitable
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of dirt biking in the comments below. Please also share your photos. Either from your cameras or videos from your Gopro’s!
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions about dirt biking (or specifically about are motocross tracks profitable), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about dirt biking for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport and hobby.
Have fun and be safe!