What tools are required to adjust dirt bike sag?
If you are about to attempt to adjust the sag on your dirt bike, you will need the correct tools to do the job. But what is the correct list dirt bike suspension sag tools for the job? Let’s take a look…
Dirt bike suspension sag tools in brief:
- Tape measure.
- Piece of paper and pen.
- Marker pen.
- Punch tool or screw driver.
- Alan Key for KTMs and Husqvarna dirt bikes.
List of tools to adjust dirt bike sag:
- Not quite a tool, but you will need a friend or two to help you to check and set your dirt bike’s sag. One friend to hold the bike steady and the other friend to check the measurements, as it will be you getting on the bike to set the sag up for your weight.
- A tape measure is a good enough tool to measure your dirt bike sag. But even better is the Motion Pro Folding Sag Scale 2 tool. If you buy a Motion Pro, you don’t need a piece of paper to write down your measurements.
- Piece of paper to write down your measurements, or you could use your friend’s forehead!!
- A marker pen (or sharpie) to write down the measurements and to mark the position on the bike where you take the measurement so you measure to the same fixed spot each time.
- A punch tool or pre-loaded adjuster tool or you could simply use a bladed screw driver.
- A hammer to loosen or tighten the lock nut rings,
- Possibly a can of WD40 to help loosen up the lock nuts if they are tight or jammed.
- Also for KTMs and Husqvarna dirt bikes you’ll also require a Alan-key to loosen the pinch bolt and unlock the plastic lock nut instead of the metal lock nut on the Japanese dirt bikes.
Additional tool if you don’t have help to adjust your dirt bike sag
If you don’t have help at hand to check your dirt bike sag, there’s always help from the Motool Slacker V4 digital suspension tuner. If you have this, you won’t need a tape measure nor a sag scale, as the Slacker does all the measuring for you.
Whilst this is a more expensive option, it is very easy to use and does the job quicker and easier.
I hope you enjoyed this article about dirt bike suspension sag tools required
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of dirt biking in the comments below. Please also share your photos. Either from your cameras or videos from your Gopro’s!
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions about dirt biking (or specifically about Dirt bike suspension sag tools), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about dirt biking for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport and hobby.
Have fun and be safe!